- Ingredients: 24
- Serves: 2
Baked pecan-stuffed nectarines with accompaniment: superpremium vanilla ice cream.
- Accompaniment: superpremium vanilla ice cream
- 3 large dried ancho chilies, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, torn into pcs.
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 1/2 tsps. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsps. corn oil
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey neck or wings, cut into 1-inch pcs.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. whole allspice berries
- 5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 6 tbsps. all purpose flour
- Cayenne pepper
For cooking and serving crêpes
- 4 tsps. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. fresh soybean or mung-bean sprouts , trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 small head green or red leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Six mint sprigs
- Step 1 In a small food processor pulse pecans until finely ground. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and yolk and pulse until combined.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Halve and pit nectarines and arrange, cut sides up, on a small baking sheet. Divide pecan mixture among nectarine halves, mounding it in center, and garnish each mound with a pecan half.