- Ingredients: 23
- Serves: 6
Bitter greens and grapes with blue cheese dressing with , , , red seedless grapes, halved.
- 1/3 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 3 tbsps. nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps. well-shaken buttermilk
- 2 tsps. water
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 oz blue cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 6 ounces frisée, torn into bite-size pcs.
- 8 ounces escarole , core and tough leaves discarded, torn into bite-size pcs.
- 1 head radicchio , cut into 1/2-inch pcs.
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
For the cucumbers:
- 2 1/2 tbsps. sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 European cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and very thinly sliced
Heat in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Special equipment: two 12-inch squares cheesecloth
To smoke duck
- 1 tsp. Darjeeling tea leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
To glaze pears
To finish sauce and duck
- Special equipment: wok with lid, heavy-duty foil, 12-inch round wire rack, 3-quart baking dish; instant-read thermometer
- Step 1 Toss together frisée, escarole, and radicchio and divide greens among 6 plates. Top with grapes and drizzle with dressing.
For this step you will need