- Ingredients: 6
- Serves: 20
- Prep: 5 mins
- Bake: 15 mins
- Level: easy
Bonfire toffee with unrefined demerara sugar, water, butter (unsalted), golden syrup, black treacle, white wine vinegar. To make this bonfire toffee for 20 persons you will need 5 mins for preparation and 15 mins for baking.
- 450g Unrefined demerara sugar
- 125ml Water
- 75g Butter (unsalted)
- 100ml Golden syrup
- 100ml Black treacle
- 1tbsp White wine vinegar
- Step 1Butter 15cm square tin.
- Step 2Put all the ingredients into a heavy based saucepan and heat slowly, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves then increase the heat to bring the mixture to the boil.
For this step you will need
- Step 3If using a sugar thermometer boil to 160°C. Or test by dropping a small amount into a glass of cold water. It is ready when a blob of toffee is slightly stretchy but breaks with pressure.
- Step 4Pour into the tin leave to set. To help break into even sized pieces mark the toffee when it is partially set. Break the toffee into pieces when completely cool.