- Ingredients: 25
- Serves: 6
Brie, roquefort and wild mushroom fondue with 13-ounce loaf crusty white bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes, vegetables.
- 1 13-ounce loaf crusty white bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Garnish: finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fish stock or bottled clam juice
- 4 6-ounce cod, orange roughy or red snapper fillets
For mascarpone cream
- *available at specialty foods shops and some supermarkets
- large pastry bag
- 1/2-inch plain tip
- 1/4-inch plain tip
- Note: a cake decorating turntable is helpful for assembling a croquembouche
For mango ravioli
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsps. ground turmeric
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1/4 cupagar agar powder
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
To cook fish and assemble dish
- Special equipment: a deep-fat thermometer
Espresso chocolate chunk:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 3 tbsps. fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallot and thyme; sauté until mushrooms just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Step 2 Place flour in large bowl. Cut rind from Brie; discard rind. Cut Brie into cubes; drop into flour. Toss to coat; separate cheese cubes.
For this step you will need
- Step 3 Crumble Roquefort into same bowl; toss to coat. Place wine in heavy medium saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Step 4 Stir mushroom mixture into fondue. Season with generous amount of pepper. Transfer to fondue pot. Set pot over candle or canned heat burner.