- Ingredients: 16
- Serves: 8
Broccoli with wild mushrooms with *available at italian markets, specialty foods stores and many supermarkets..
- *Available at Italian markets, specialty foods stores and many supermarkets.
For balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsps. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 oz sliced pancetta , chopped
- 1 lb red cabbage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 bag baby spinach, any tough stems discarded
- 12 pickled okra pods, halved lengthwise*
- 3 cups watercress tops
- 1/4 head of Napa cabbage
- 4 cups peeled jicama, cut into matchstick-size pcs.
- 3 cups pea sprouts
- Step 1 Place porcini in medium bowl. Pour 1 cup hot water over. Cover; let stand until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Using slotted spoon, transfer porcini to work surface. Chop porcini. Pour soaking liquid through strainer lined with wet paper towel and set over small bowl; reserve liquid.
- Step 3 Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms; sauté until tender and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
For this step you will need
- Step 4 Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add porcini. Pour in reserved soaking liquid. Boil until almost all liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Step 5 Cook broccoli in pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water; cool.
- Step 6 Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and broccoli; sauté until heated through, about 5 minutes.
|Calories 180||Carbohydrates 17 g (6%)|
|Fat 12 g (18%)||Protein 6 g (12%)|
|Saturated Fat 4 g (22%)||Sodium 56 mg (2%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g||Fiber 6 g (23%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g||Cholesterol 15 mg (5%)|