- Ingredients: 33
- Serves: 6
Butter lettuce salad with bacon, dried cherries, and roquefort vinaigrette with , dried cherries.
- 2 large heads of butter lettuce, outer leaves removed , remaining leaves torn into large pcs.
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3 tbsps. unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz. sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 2 boneless magret duck breast halves with skin*
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup moist dried apricots , cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups pecans , chopped and toasted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup bocconcini
- 2 hearts of romaine , torn into bite-size pcs.
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup assorted marinated brine-cured olives
For the pumpkin seeds:
For the English peas:
- 20 English peas, shelled
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 8 1-pint containers fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 2 1/2-pint containers fresh blackberries
- 2 1/2-pint containers fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2-pint containers fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Step 1 Sauté bacon in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Step 2 Whisk mayonnaise and vinegar in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil, then cheese. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
For this step you will need
- Step 3 Toss torn lettuce leaves, half of cherries and half of bacon with enough dressing to coat. Divide salad among 6 plates.
|Calories 358||Carbohydrates 2 g (1%)|
|Fat 36 g (56%)||Protein 7 g (13%)|
|Saturated Fat 7 g (35%)||Sodium 505 mg (21%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g||Fiber 1 g (3%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18 g||Cholesterol 29 mg (10%)|