- Ingredients: 32
- Serves: 4
Buttermilk biscuits with all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, , chilled buttermilk.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pcs.
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. chilled buttermilk
For the chicken
- 1 whole chicken, cut into parts
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. seasoned salt
- 2 tsps. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the gravy
- 2 tbsps. chopped scallion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tbsps. butter and drippings from baking dish, combined with scraped up crispy bits from chicken
- 2 tbsps. of the leftover flour seasoned for chicken preparation
- 1 cup milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 tbsps. all purpose flour
- Cayenne pepper
For cooking and serving crêpes
- 4 tsps. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. fresh soybean or mung-bean sprouts , trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 small head green or red leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Six mint sprigs
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Gradually add buttermilk, tossing with fork until large moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball. Divide into 4 pieces.
- Step 3 Bake biscuits until tester inserted into center comes out dry, about 20 minutes (biscuits will be pale).
- Step 4 Transfer biscuits to rack and cool to lukewarm. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cool. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and store at room temperature.
|Calories 513||Carbohydrates 54 g (18%)|
|Fat 30 g (46%)||Protein 8 g (16%)|
|Saturated Fat 19 g (93%)||Sodium 524 mg (22%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g||Fiber 2 g (7%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8 g||Cholesterol 78 mg (26%)|