- Ingredients: 13
- Serves: 8
Carrot, fennel, and orange soup with fresh chervil leaves or fennel fronds.
- Garnish: 1 tbsp. fresh chervil leaves or fennel fronds
- 5 tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tbsps. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tbsps. minced, seeded jalepeño chili
- 1 tablspoon ground cumin
- 24 large tortilla chips
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
For the wilted spinach
- 1/4 head of Napa cabbage
- 4 cups peeled jicama, cut into matchstick-size pcs.
- 3 cups pea sprouts
- Step 1 In a 3-quart heavy saucepan cook fennel bulb in butter over moderate heat, stirring, until softened and beginning to turn golden.
- Step 2 Add carrots and garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add water and salt and simmer, covered, 20 minutes, or until carrots are very tender.
- Step 3 In a blender purée mixture in batches with orange juice, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth, transferring to another heavy saucepan.
For this step you will need
|Calories 130||Carbohydrates 18 g (6%)|
|Fat 6 g (10%)||Protein 2 g (5%)|
|Saturated Fat 4 g (18%)||Sodium 524 mg (22%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g||Fiber 6 g (23%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g||Cholesterol 15 mg (5%)|