- Ingredients: 20
Cherry-almond tart with square frozen store-bought puff pastry, preferably all-butter , defrosted, unsweetened dried cherries, mulled wine syrup , made with red wine, sliced almonds, low-fat greek-style yogurt, whisked smooth.
- 1 square frozen store-bought puff pastry, preferably all-butter , defrosted
- 3 tbsps. unsweetened dried cherries
- 3 tsps. Mulled Wine Syrup , made with red wine
- 2 tbsps. sliced almonds
- 2 tbsps. low-fat Greek-style yogurt, whisked smooth
- 3 cups walnuts
- 3 cups natural raw unsalted pistachios
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsps. finely grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely diced dried apple rings
- 20 17 x 12-inch sheets fresh phyllo pastry or frozen, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- Step 1 On a lightly floured countertop, roll out the puff pastry to about 6 inches square. Pierce the dough every 1/2-inch with a fork; this helps the pastry rise more evenly.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Mound the cherries in the center of the dough and drizzle 2 teaspoons of the red wine syrup over them (but not the pastry).
- Step 3 Lightly moisten the edges of the dough with water, pull it up, and fold it over to the edges of the cherries, forming pleats so that it cradles the fruit.
- Step 4 Transfer the tart to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry has puffed and turned golden brown.
- Step 5 Remove it from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Transfer to a dessert plate, drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of red wine syrup, spoon on a dollop of yogurt, and eat.
|Calories 208||Carbohydrates 19 g (6%)|
|Fat 13 g (19%)||Protein 5 g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat 3 g (13%)||Sodium 66 mg (3%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g||Fiber 1 g (5%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7 g||Cholesterol 1 mg (0%)|