- Ingredients: 7
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 20 mins
- Level: medium
Ciabatta with very strong white bread flour, strong white bread flour, unrefined golden granulated sugar, salt, easy bake yeast, olive oil, warm water. To make this ciabatta for 2 persons you will need 20 mins for preparation and 20 mins for baking.
- 50g Very strong white bread flour
- 450g Strong white bread flour
- 2tsp Unrefined golden granulated sugar
- 1½tsp Salt
- 1¼tsp Easy bake yeast
- 4tbsp Olive oil
- 285ml Warm water
- Step 1Put the flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a bowl. Mix to a soft dough with the oil and water.
For this step you will need
- Step 2Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Divide the dough into two pieces. Stretch each piece into a rough circle about this size of a dinner plate and then fold like an envelope to give the traditional ciabatta shape.
- Step 4Place the loaves on a greased baking tray and leave covered with a tea towel until slightly risen. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan, gas mark 6).
- Step 5Dust liberally with flour and bake in an oven for 15-20 minutes until well risen and puffy.
- Step 6Leave on a wire rack to cool.