- Ingredients: 14
- Serves: 3
Cinnamon-spiced applesauce with , water, golden brown sugar, fresh lemon juice, ground cinnamon.
- 3 pounds apples, peeled, cored, cut into 3/4-inch pcs.
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsps. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the spice mixture:
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rounded tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp. ground cloves
- Special equipment: A 9″-diameter tart pan with a removable bottom
- 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/4 head of Napa cabbage
- 4 cups peeled jicama, cut into matchstick-size pcs.
- 3 cups pea sprouts
- Step 1 Combine apples, 1 cup water and brown sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are very tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover and simmer until almost all liquid in saucepan has evaporated, about 6 minutes.
- Step 3 Using fork, mash apple mixture until coarse and chunky. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
|Calories 42||Carbohydrates 11 g (4%)|
|Fat 0 g (0%)||Protein 0 g (0%)|
|Saturated Fat 0 g (0%)||Sodium 2 mg (0%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g||Fiber 1 g (6%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g||Cholesterol 0|