- Ingredients: 7
- Serves: 20
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 12 mins
- Level: easy
Colourful easter biscuits with butter (unsalted), unrefined golden caster sugar, egg(s) (free range), vanilla extract, plain white flour, baking powder, salt. To make this colourful easter biscuits for 20 persons you will need 15 mins for preparation and 12 mins for baking.
- 90g Butter (unsalted)
- 100g Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1 Egg(s) (free range)
- ½tsp Vanilla extract
- 200g Plain white flour
- ½tsp Baking powder
- ½tsp Salt
- Step 1Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until pale. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the flour to the butter mix and mix until the dough is formed.
For this step you will need
- Step 2Wrap the cookie dough in cling film and chill for at least one hour.
- Step 3Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan, gas mark 3). Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 0.5cm. Cut out the cookies and transfer to baking sheets. Roll up the trimmings and repeat stages above to make more cookies.
- Step 4Bake for 8 – 12 minutes until golden. Remove and transfer to a cooling wire and leave until completely cool before decorating.