- Ingredients: 19
- Serves: 4
Crab cakes with avocado salad with small avocados, peeled, pitted, diced.
- 2 small avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 42 wonton wrappers
- 2 large egg whites, whisked just until foamy
- 6 oz. thinly sliced pancetta* or bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 5 tbsps. butter, melted
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 12 fresh oysters in the shell
- 4 tbsps. Matsuhisa Salsa
- 4 tbsps. Maui Onion Salsa
- 4 tbsps. Jalapeño Salsa
- finely chopped chives for garnish
- Special equipment: cheesecloth; a deep-fat thermometer
- Step 1 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup onions, ginger, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Add crab, 1/2 cup panko, 4 tablespoons cilantro, 3 teaspoons lime juice, chives, 1/2 teaspoon lime peel, and cayenne to onion mixture.
- Step 3 Season with salt and pepper. Mix in egg. Form into four 3- to 3 1/2-inch-diameter patties. Place 1 cup panko on plate.
For this step you will need
- Step 4 Coat crab cakes with crumbs pressing to adhere. Transfer to another plate. (Can be made 6 hours ahead.
- Step 5 Mix 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon lime peel in medium bowl.
- Step 6 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add crabcakes; cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side.