- Ingredients: 16
- Serves: 4
Cranberry fruit relish with navel orange, peeled and chopped coarse, chopped fresh or drained canned pineapple, a 12-ounce bag of cranberries, picked over, granny smith apple, peeled and chopped coarse, sugar, or to taste.
- 1 navel orange, peeled and chopped coarse
- 1 cup chopped fresh or drained canned pineapple
- a 12-ounce bag of cranberries, picked over
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
For the tea:
- 4 black currant tea bags
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. chilled simple syrup, or to taste
- 2 tsps. raspberry vinegar
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
For the syrup:
- 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/4 head of Napa cabbage
- 4 cups peeled jicama, cut into matchstick-size pcs.
- 3 cups pea sprouts
- Step 1 In a food processor grind together in batches if necessary the orange, the pineapple, the cranberries, and the apple until the mixture is chopped fine, transfer the mixture to a bowl, and stir in the sugar.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Let the mixture stand, covered and chilled, for at least 2 hours. The relish may be made about 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
|Calories 101||Carbohydrates 26 g (9%)|
|Fat 0 g (0%)||Protein 0 g (1%)|
|Saturated Fat 0 g (0%)||Sodium 1 mg (0%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g||Fiber 3 g (10%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g||Cholesterol 0|