- Ingredients: 24
- Serves: 4
Creamed scallops and mushrooms with rice with cooked white rice.
- Cooked white rice
Special equipment and kitchen supplies:
- stove-top smoker/cooker
- 3 tbsps. fine wood chips such as hickory or oak
- 3 tbsps. cornstarch
#2 Basting Sauce (to use at end of roasting):
Sausage and Hazelnut Stuffing:
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roasted and skinned
- 1 lb. fresh pork sausage
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, skinned, boned, and diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb. chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tbsps. sage
- 1/2 lb. Virginia ham, diced
- 8 cups stale bread, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsps. coarse salt
- 2 tsps. coarse black pepper
- 2 oz. Amaretto
- 1 cup turkey stock
- *Chef Neal Fraser uses Chilean or European Turbot. If neither is available, gray sole or lemon sole can be substituted.
- **Available at some supermarkets and specialty shops or at earthy.com.
- 8 ramekins or aluminum foil muffin cups
- Step 1 Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; sauté until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms, 1/2 cup green onions and cayenne to skillet. Sauté until mushrooms are tender and brown, about 6 minutes.
- Step 3 Sprinkle flour into skillet; stir 30 seconds. Add clam juice and cream; simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.