- Ingredients: 26
- Serves: 3
Creamy basil dressing with plain low fat or non-fat yogurt, white balsamic vinegar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips, shallots, chopped, garlic, chopped, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup plain low fat or non-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsps. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped plus 2 tbsps. sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 tsp. shallots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
For Boysenberry Ice Cream:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 12 oz. frozen unsweetened boysenberries or raspberries , thawed
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
For Grand Marnier Ice Cream:
- 2 tbsps. Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 5 walnut halves
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
For the macadamia nut praline
- 2 cups sugar for garnish if desired
- cheese Use fresh ricotta cheese with a dry texture, preferably one with large curds. It’s sold at some supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and Italian markets.
- cherries If using fresh cherries, add enough purchased cherry juice to the drained juices to measure 1 1/2 cups total the fresh cherries won’t release as much juice as frozen ones.
- Country Sausage and Sage Dressing
- Cranberry Relish
Espresso chocolate chunk:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 3 tbsps. fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 In blender or food processor, combine yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice, chopped basil, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper and pureé until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
For this step you will need