- Ingredients: 9
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20 min
- Bake: 35 min
Curried okra with chickpeas and tomatoes with accompaniment: cinnamon-spiced rice or basmati rice. To make this curried okra with chickpeas and tomatoes for 4 persons you will need 20 min for preaparation and 35 min for baking.
- Accompaniment: cinnamon-spiced rice or basmati rice
Finely grate, place in paper towel, and squeeze to yield 1 1/2 teaspoons juice:
- 1 2-inch pc. fresh ginger
Whisk together in small saucepan:
Add and bring to simmer (do not boil):
Add and cook soup 30 seconds:
- 1 1/2 tsps. fresh ginger juice
- 3/4 tsp. tamari soy sauce
- Step 1 Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté onion and garlic with ginger and curry powder, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Step 2 Add tomatoes with their juice, chickpeas, and water and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
For this step you will need
- Step 3 Stir in okra, salt, and pepper and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until okra is tender, about 10 minutes.
|Calories 210||Carbohydrates 33 g (11%)|
|Fat 6 g (10%)||Protein 9 g (18%)|
|Saturated Fat 0 g (2%)||Sodium 620 mg (26%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g||Fiber 4 g (17%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g||Cholesterol 0|