- Ingredients: 22
- Serves: 4
Double-berry summer pudding with frozen vanilla yogurt, thawed, chilled, 1-pint basket strawberries, hulled, sliced.
- 1 cup frozen vanilla yogurt, thawed, chilled
- 1 1-pint basket strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 5 tbsps. water
- 1 1/2 tbsps. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsps. sugar
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsps. dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large egg white
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, well trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 16 wooden skewers
- Sesame seeds
- Step 1 Bring frozen strawberries and boysenberries to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Boil until slightly thickened and reduced to 1 1/2 cups, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Cool 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Line 3-cup soufflé dish with plastic wrap. Cut cake into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Cut slices into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Step 4 Line bottom of dish then sides with cake strips, pressing and adjusting as needed to fit strips closely together.
- Step 5 Trim cake to 1/2-inch overhang over top rim if necessary. Mix 1/2 cup diced cake trimmings into fruit mixture.
- Step 6 Spoon fruit mixture into prepared dish. Cover top of fruit filling with cake and press gently to compress.
- Step 7 Unwrap pudding and turn out onto plate. Peel off plastic. Cut pudding into 4 pieces. Place pudding on each of 4 plates.