- Ingredients: 19
- Serves: 1
Fresh egg pasta with soft wheat flour, large eggs.
- 2 3/4 cups soft wheat flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 5-ounce package baby arugula
- 2 cups torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 English hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 2 tbsps. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Whisk together in medium bowl:
- *Chef Neal Fraser uses Chilean or European Turbot. If neither is available, gray sole or lemon sole can be substituted.
- **Available at some supermarkets and specialty shops or at earthy.com.
- 8 ramekins or aluminum foil muffin cups
- Step 1 Place flour in processor. Add eggs. Using on/off turns, blend until clumps of moist dough form (do not process into ball).
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface; shape into ball. Knead until smooth, sprinkling lightly with flour if sticking, about 3 minutes.
Rolling dough into sheets:
- Step 3 Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Cover with plastic wrap. Set pasta machine to widest setting. Flatten 1 dough piece into rectangle; run through machine.
- Step 4 Fold in half crosswise (end to end) and run through again. Continue, adjusting machine to narrower settings after every 2 passes and dusting with flour as needed to keep from sticking, until pasta sheet is 22 inches long (scant 1/16 inch thick).
- Step 5 Place sheet on lightly floured work surface; cover with plastic. Repeat with remaining pasta pieces.
Cutting dough into strands:
- Step 6 Uncover sheets and let stand until slightly dry but still pliable, about 20 minutes. Fit machine with appropriate cutter and run sheets through, cutting into tagliolini (1/8 inch wide), tagliatelle (1/4 inch wide), fettuccine (1/2 inch wide), or pappardelle (3/4 inch wide) and dusting with flour to keep from sticking.
- Step 7 Cut strands crosswise into desired lengths. Using floured hands, toss strands to separate; spread out on towels.
- Step 8 Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes.
|Calories 400||Carbohydrates 66 g (22%)|
|Fat 7 g (10%)||Protein 17 g (33%)|
|Saturated Fat 2 g (10%)||Sodium 88 mg (4%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g||Fiber 2 g (9%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g||Cholesterol 226 mg (75%)|