- Ingredients: 23
- Serves: 1
Fresh pasta rectangles with special equipment: a pasta machine or a kitchenaid standing mixer fitted with pasta-maker attachment.
- Special equipment: a pasta machine or a KitchenAid standing mixer fitted with pasta-maker attachment
- 2 cups unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsps. pure vanilla extract
Whisk together in a shallow bowl:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
Combine in a wide, shallow bowl:
For mango ravioli
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsps. ground turmeric
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1/4 cupagar agar powder
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
To cook fish and assemble dish
- Special equipment: a deep-fat thermometer
Espresso chocolate chunk:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 3 tbsps. fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 Blend all-purpose flour and eggs in a food processor until mixture just begins to form a ball. (Dough should come together but still be somewhat sticky.) If dough is too loose, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together.
Roll out dough:
- Step 2 Set smooth rollers of pasta machine at widest setting. Cut dough into 3 pieces and keep 2 pieces and keep 2 pieces wrapped in plastic wrap.
For this step you will need
- Step 3 Flatten unwrapped piece of dough into a rectangle and dust with all-purpose flour, then feed through rollers.
- Step 4 Fold rectangle in half and feed through rollers 4 more times, folding in half each time and dusting with flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Step 5 Turn dial to next (narrower) setting and feed dough through without folding. Continue to feed dough through without folding, making space between rollers narrower each time, until second-to-last setting is used.
- Step 6 Transfer to a wax-paper-lined baking sheet dusted with semolina flour and cover with plastic wrap. Roll out and cut remaining dough into noodles for another use.