- Ingredients: 9
- Serves: 1
Fresh semolina orecchiette with semolina, unbleached all-purpose flour, lukewarm water.
- 2 cups semolina
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- diced bell pepper and seeded cucumber
- Special equipment: A 9″-diameter tart pan with a removable bottom
- 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/4 head of Napa cabbage
- 4 cups peeled jicama, cut into matchstick-size pcs.
- 3 cups pea sprouts
- Step 1 In a large bowl stir together semolina and flour and form a well in center. Add water and a generous pinch of salt to well and with a fork gradually incorporated semolina mixture until a dough is formed (some of the mixture will not be incorporated).
For this step you will need
- Step 2 On a work surface knead dough, incorporating more semolina mixture from bowl as necessary and discard any hard clumps, until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Step 3 Line each of 2 trays with a dry kitchen towel and dust you hands with some semolina mixture. Remove plastic wrap from 1 piece of dough and roll between you hands to create a rope 3 to 4 feet long and 1/2 inch wide.
- Step 4 Put rope on a work surface and with a sharp knife cut into 1/2-inch pieces, separating pieces as cut so they are no longer touching.
- Step 5 Put each cut piece of dough, a cut side down, in palm of hand and form a depression by pressing thumb of other hand into dough and twisting slightly.
- Step 6 Arrange orecchiette on a kitchen-towel-lined tray. Make more orecchiette with remaining 7 pieces of dough in same manner, transferring to kitchen-towel-lined trays.
|Calories 528||Carbohydrates 109 g (36%)|
|Fat 1 g (2%)||Protein 17 g (34%)|
|Saturated Fat 0 g (1%)||Sodium 4 mg (0%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g||Fiber 5 g (20%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g||Cholesterol 0|