- Ingredients: 15
- Serves: 14
- Prep: 15 min
- Bake: 45 min
Ginger honey cookies with all-purpose flour, baking soda, finely chopped crystallized ginger, salt, stick unsalted butter, softened, packed light brown sugar, large egg, mild honey. To make this ginger honey cookies for 14 persons you will need 15 min for preaparation and 45 min for baking.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mild honey
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked
- 3 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- a deep-fat thermometer; a 1-inch round cookie cutter or a melon-ball cutter
- Equipment: an 8-inch springform pan
- Garnish: confectioners sugar
- Equipment: 3 4-sided sheet pans
- Special equipment: A 9-inch springform pan; a small offset metal spatula
- Step 1 Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden, 10 to 14 minutes total (cookies will spread flat).