- Ingredients: 32
- Serves: 4
Ginger salad with garnish: fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
For corn bread croutons
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 1 1/2 cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 tbsps. red-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps. Sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsps. kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tomatoes , halved crosswise, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pcs.
- 1 small red onion, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or other brine-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 2 tbsps. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Whisk together in medium bowl:
- *Chef Neal Fraser uses Chilean or European Turbot. If neither is available, gray sole or lemon sole can be substituted.
- **Available at some supermarkets and specialty shops or at earthy.com.
- 8 ramekins or aluminum foil muffin cups
- Step 1 Wring ginger in a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture, then toss well with remaining ingredients and serve.
- Step 2 * Also called beni shoga, kizami shoga is available at Asian markets and by mail order from Uwajimaya (800-899-1928).