- Ingredients: 14
- Serves: 15
Gingered carrot latkes with celery and cilantro relish, apple, green onion, and jalapeño salsa.
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
For whipped cream
- Special equipment: a muffin pan with 12 muffin cups
- Garnish: small fresh basil leaves
Spicy Sabayon Sauce
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Six mint sprigs
- Step 1 Place carrots in large bowl; press with paper towels to absorb any moisture. In another large bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and pepper to blend.
- Step 2 Pour enough oil into heavy large skillet to cover bottom and heat over medium heat. Working in batches and adding more oil as needed, drop carrot mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet and spread to 3 1/2-inch rounds.
- Step 3 Fry until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer latkes to rimmed baking sheet. (Can be made 6 hours ahead.
|Calories 380,844||Carbohydrates 16,984 g (5,661%)|
|Fat 35,145 g (54,069%)||Protein 4,235 g (8,470%)|
|Saturated Fat 2,624 g (13,120%)||Sodium 37,303 mg (1,554%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 9,928 g||Fiber 6,015 g (24,061%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22,004 g||Cholesterol 37 mg (12%)|