- Ingredients: 14
- Serves: 6
Grapefruit, ginger, and star anise compote with medium-size pink grapefruits, sectioned, medium-size white grapefruits, sectioned.
- 3 medium-size pink grapefruits, sectioned
- 3 medium-size white grapefruits, sectioned
For ginger syrup
For fruit salad
- 4 cups summer fruit
- 3 tbsps. small mint leaves
Add and cook soup 30 seconds:
- 1 1/2 tsps. fresh ginger juice
- 3/4 tsp. tamari soy sauce
- Step 1 Bring 1 cup water, sugar, ginger, and star anise to boil in medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Stir in grapefruit peel.
- Step 3 Place all grapefruit sections in large bowl. Using slotted spoon, remove ginger from syrup and discard.
- Step 4 Pour hot syrup with star anise over grapefruit; let stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Step 5 (Can be made 4 hours ahead; cover and chill.) Divide fruit and syrup among 6 small bowls; discard star anise.
- Step 6 *Brown star-shaped seedpods, sold at Asian markets, specialty foods stores, and in the spice section of some supermarkets.
|Calories 411||Carbohydrates 86 g (29%)|
|Fat 9 g (13%)||Protein 11 g (22%)|
|Saturated Fat 0 g (2%)||Sodium 11 mg (0%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g||Fiber 12 g (47%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g||Cholesterol 0|