- Ingredients: 16
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 min
- Bake: 15 min
Kashmiri chai with gin with special equipment: a mortar and pestle or an electric coffee/spice grinder. To make this kashmiri chai with gin for 4 persons you will need 10 min for preaparation and 15 min for baking.
- Special equipment: a mortar and pestle or an electric coffee/spice grinder
- 4 cups chopped red onions
- 1 1/2 tbsps. sunflower oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp. nigella seeds*
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tbsps. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsps. grated lemon peel
- 3 tbsps. sunflower or canola oil
- 4 tsps. curry powder
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh mint
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Six mint sprigs
- Step 1 Finely grind nuts, cardamom, cinnamon, and saffron with mortar and pestle or in grinder. Add nutmeg.
- Step 2 Bring milk just to a simmer in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, then whisk in brown sugar, salt, and nut mixture and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes to infuse flavors.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a 1-quart saucepan, then add tea leaves and boil 1 minute. Pour tea through a fine-mesh sieve into hot-milk mixture, discarding tea leaves, and cook chai over low heat 1 minute.
|Calories 229||Carbohydrates 20 g (7%)|
|Fat 6 g (10%)||Protein 5 g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat 3 g (13%)||Sodium 134 mg (6%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g||Fiber 1 g (4%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g||Cholesterol 12 mg (4%)|