- Ingredients: 27
- Serves: 12
Onion toasts with chopped sweet onion such as vidalia or walla walla, mayonnaise, slices party rye or pumpernickel bread, freshly grated parmesan.
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 14 slices party rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
For romesco sauce
- 4 pcs. grouper fillet
- 1 to 2 tbsps. olive oil
- * Available at Italian markets, specialty food stores and some supermarkets.
Black Bean, Heart of Palm, and Corn Salad
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1 7 1/2-ounce can hearts of palm, drained, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
THIRD LAYER OF ROCKWEED
LAST LAYER OF ROCKWEED
- 2 lb. unsalted butter
- You will need a shovel, a broom, a large canvas tarp that is at least 8 x 6 feet, a couple of big buckets, a few pairs of tongs, two pairs of gloves to protect hands from the steam, a pot to melt butter, a ladle, cheesecloth for wrapping the small food items , twine for tying the cheesecloth bundles and platters for the cooked food. A picnic table is terrific for serving the platters of food but is not absolutely necessary. You will also need plates, cups, bowls for melted butter, eating utensils, lobster crackers, plenty of napkins and several large garbage bags.
Espresso chocolate chunk:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 3 tbsps. fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 Stir together onion and mayonnaise. Arrange bread slices in 1 layer on a baking sheet and broil 6 inches from heat until lightly toasted (watch carefully).
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Remove from oven and turn toasts over. Spread evenly with onion mixture and sprinkle with cheese and freshly ground pepper.
- Step 3 Broil hors doeuvres until topping is bubbling and lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes (watch carefully to prevent burning).