- Ingredients: 14
- Serves: 4
Pan-fried pork chops with vegetable oil.
- 1 1/2 pounds fava beans, shelled, or 1 1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 large ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 large tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
For creamed corn
For poaching marrow
- Garnish: watercress sprigs
For Mornay sauce
- Special equipment: an oval or wide round 5- to 6-qt heavy ovenproof pot; cheesecloth; kitchen string; an instant-read thermometer; 2 sealable plastic bags; an ovenproof platter
- Accompaniments: boiled potatoes; haricots verts
- *Chef Neal Fraser uses Chilean or European Turbot. If neither is available, gray sole or lemon sole can be substituted.
- **Available at some supermarkets and specialty shops or at earthy.com.
- 8 ramekins or aluminum foil muffin cups
- Step 1 Mix flour, cornstarch and garlic salt in medium bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Dredge pork chops in flour mixture (do not shake off excess).
|Calories 933||Carbohydrates 20 g (7%)|
|Fat 80 g (123%)||Protein 32 g (65%)|
|Saturated Fat 17 g (86%)||Sodium 162 mg (7%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 14 g||Fiber 1 g (2%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 41 g||Cholesterol 159 mg (53%)|