- Ingredients: 33
- Serves: 4
Pasta with white beans, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 14- to 16-pound fresh turkey
- 1 cup coarse salt
- 2 Granny Smith apples, quartered
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 orange, quartered
#1 Basting Sauce (to use at start of roasting):
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 tbsp. dry
- 1/2 tsp. salt
#2 Basting Sauce (to use at end of roasting):
Sausage and Hazelnut Stuffing:
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roasted and skinned
- 1 lb. fresh pork sausage
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, skinned, boned, and diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb. chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tbsps. sage
- 1/2 lb. Virginia ham, diced
- 8 cups stale bread, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsps. coarse salt
- 2 tsps. coarse black pepper
- 2 oz. Amaretto
- 1 cup turkey stock
- *Chef Neal Fraser uses Chilean or European Turbot. If neither is available, gray sole or lemon sole can be substituted.
- **Available at some supermarkets and specialty shops or at earthy.com.
- 8 ramekins or aluminum foil muffin cups
- Step 1 Heat olive oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine and pesto; simmer over medium heat until reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3 Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to coat. Mix in enough reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten.
For this step you will need
|Calories 430||Carbohydrates 62 g (21%)|
|Fat 12 g (18%)||Protein 16 g (32%)|
|Saturated Fat 3 g (13%)||Sodium 469 mg (20%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g||Fiber 8 g (33%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7 g||Cholesterol 5 mg (2%)|