- Ingredients: 14
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20 min
- Bake: 40 min
Penne with yellow peppers and capers with accompaniment: grated parmesan. To make this penne with yellow peppers and capers for 4 persons you will need 20 min for preaparation and 40 min for baking.
- Accompaniment: grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 pounds fava beans, shelled, or 1 1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 large ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 large tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
For creamed corn
For poaching marrow
- Garnish: watercress sprigs
For Mornay sauce
- Special equipment: an oval or wide round 5- to 6-qt heavy ovenproof pot; cheesecloth; kitchen string; an instant-read thermometer; 2 sealable plastic bags; an ovenproof platter
- Accompaniments: boiled potatoes; haricots verts
- *Chef Neal Fraser uses Chilean or European Turbot. If neither is available, gray sole or lemon sole can be substituted.
- **Available at some supermarkets and specialty shops or at earthy.com.
- 8 ramekins or aluminum foil muffin cups
- Step 1 Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then add bell peppers, onion, garlic, and anchovy.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Lower heat to moderately low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Step 4 Add pasta to pepper mixture and toss, adding enough cooking water for sauce to coat pasta. Season with salt and pepper and toss with basil.
|Calories 414||Carbohydrates 70 g (23%)|
|Fat 9 g (13%)||Protein 13 g (26%)|
|Saturated Fat 1 g (6%)||Sodium 311 mg (13%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g||Fiber 5 g (20%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g||Cholesterol 3 mg (1%)|