- Ingredients: 9
- Serves: 4
Potato, bacon, and chive salad with chopped fresh chives.
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Blood Orange Sorbet
- Purchased shortbread cookies
- Special equipment: a pastry or bench scraper; a 9-inch glass or ceramic deep-dish pie plate; pie weights or raw rice
Raspberry 2 12-ounce bags frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed 1/2 cup sugar 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 8 yards colorfast silk ribbons
- Step 1 Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain. Cool 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Peel while still warm, then cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Add onion; reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add broth and vinegar; bring to boil.
- Step 5 Pour hot dressing over potatoes; toss gently. Fold in 1/2 cup chives. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand until broth mixture is absorbed, occasionally tossing gently, about 30 minutes.
For this step you will need
- Step 6 Sprinkle salad with 1/4 cup chives. Toss gently and serve.
|Calories 330||Carbohydrates 43 g (14%)|
|Fat 13 g (21%)||Protein 9 g (18%)|
|Saturated Fat 4 g (22%)||Sodium 369 mg (15%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g||Fiber 6 g (23%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6 g||Cholesterol 20 mg (7%)|