- Ingredients: 18
- Serves: 16
- Prep: 20 min
- Bake: 35 min
Potato parsnip latkes with special equipment: a thin kitchen towel. To make this potato parsnip latkes for 16 persons you will need 20 min for preaparation and 35 min for baking.
- Special equipment: a thin kitchen towel
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup whole pecans
- 1 12-ounce package of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pcs.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh dill
Spicy Sabayon Sauce
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Six mint sprigs
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Step 2 Peel potato and coarsely grate into a bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to combine. Place potato on towel, then gather up corners to form a sack and twist tightly to wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Step 3 Stir potato together with parsnips, flour, eggs, chives, salt, and pepper until combined well.
- Step 4 Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Fill a 1/4-cup measure three-fourths full with latke mixture and carefully spoon it into skillet, then flatten to 3 inches in diameter with a slotted spatula.
- Step 5 Form 3 more latkes in skillet, then cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
- Step 6 Keep warm on a rack set in a shallow baking pan in oven. Make more latkes in same manner, in batches of 4, with remaining mixture.
|Calories 142||Carbohydrates 10 g (3%)|
|Fat 11 g (17%)||Protein 2 g (3%)|
|Saturated Fat 1 g (4%)||Sodium 122 mg (5%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g||Fiber 2 g (7%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8 g||Cholesterol 23 mg (8%)|