- Ingredients: 11
- Serves: 8
Red lentil and carrot soup with *available at natural foods stores and specialty foods shops.
- *available at natural foods stores and specialty foods shops
For four-day preserved lemon zest
- 24 large tortilla chips
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
For the wilted spinach
- 1/4 head of Napa cabbage
- 4 cups peeled jicama, cut into matchstick-size pcs.
- 3 cups pea sprouts
- Step 1 In a 4-quart saucepan bring lentils and water to a boil and skim froth. Stir in onion, garlic, ground coriander, cumin, and turmeric and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Stir in carrots and bell pepper and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Soup may be prepared up to this point 3 days ahead, cooled, uncovered, and chilled, covered.
|Calories 360||Carbohydrates 64 g (21%)|
|Fat 1 g (2%)||Protein 24 g (47%)|
|Saturated Fat 0 g (1%)||Sodium 76 mg (3%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g||Fiber 30 g (118%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g||Cholesterol 0|