- Ingredients: 27
Roast beef for "beef on weck" with a 4- to 6-pound beef eye round roast.
- a 4- to 6-pound beef eye round roast
- 3 oz. grated mozzarella
- 3/4 oz. grated Asiago or Parmesan
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 tbsps. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. spaghetti
#2 Basting Sauce (to use at end of roasting):
Sausage and Hazelnut Stuffing:
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roasted and skinned
- 1 lb. fresh pork sausage
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, skinned, boned, and diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb. chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tbsps. sage
- 1/2 lb. Virginia ham, diced
- 8 cups stale bread, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsps. coarse salt
- 2 tsps. coarse black pepper
- 2 oz. Amaretto
- 1 cup turkey stock
- *Chef Neal Fraser uses Chilean or European Turbot. If neither is available, gray sole or lemon sole can be substituted.
- **Available at some supermarkets and specialty shops or at earthy.com.
- 8 ramekins or aluminum foil muffin cups
- Step 1 3. Put roast on a metal rack in a roasting pan (fat side up) and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 4. Add about 1/4 inch water to bottom of pan and put roast in middle of oven. Immediately reduce temperature to 350°F and roast meat until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 120°F.
- Step 3 Cooking time will vary—it will be anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes per pound—depending on size of roast.
|Calories 368||Carbohydrates 0 g (0%)|
|Fat 14 g (21%)||Protein 61 g (123%)|
|Saturated Fat 6 g (29%)||Sodium 224 mg (9%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g||Monounsaturated Fat 7 g|
|Cholesterol 179 mg (60%)|