- Ingredients: 27
- Serves: 6
Salade niçoise sandwiches with pitted, black, brine-covered olives in processor or blender..
- *Available at Italian markets and specialty foods stores. If unavailable, puree 1/2 cup pitted, black, brine-covered olives in processor or blender.
For cumin corn bread:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps. double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsps. cuminseed
Dry Seasoning Rub:
- 3 tbsps. coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tbsps. dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsps. paprika
- 2 tbsps. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 12 soft hamburger buns with sesame seeds, warm
- 2 1-pint baskets strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tbsps. sugar
- 2 tbsps. framboise liqueur or Grand Marnier
- 2 1/2-pint baskets raspberries
For final assembly and decoration
- Assorted nonpoisonous flowers
- 8 1-pint containers fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 2 1/2-pint containers fresh blackberries
- 2 1/2-pint containers fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2-pint containers fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Step 1 Combine all tuna, capers, mayonnaise and fresh lemon juice in medium bowl. Season with pepper. Cut each bread loaf crosswise into 3 pieces, then halve each piece lengthwise.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Pull out centers of bread pieces, leaving 1/2-inch-thick crusts. Spread olive paste on inside of each bread piece.
- Step 3 Cover olive paste with generous amount of arugula. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture onto each bottom piece of bread.
|Calories 618||Carbohydrates 80 g (27%)|
|Fat 16 g (24%)||Protein 39 g (79%)|
|Saturated Fat 2 g (9%)||Sodium 1,407 mg (59%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g||Fiber 8 g (32%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g||Cholesterol 30 mg (10%)|