- Ingredients: 30
- Serves: 2
Sesame beef and scallion kebabs with soy sauce, garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press, asian sesame oil, minced fresh gingerroot, sugar, wine vinegar, sesame seeds, black pepper, boneless shell steak, cut into 1-inch cubes, five 7-inch bamboo skewers, scallions, trimmed.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic
- 1 tbsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/2 tbsps. sugar
- 2 tsps. wine vinegar
- 2 tsps. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 lb. boneless shell steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- five 7-inch bamboo skewers
- 8 scallions, trimmed
- Pineapple Papaya Relish as an accompaniment
For the simple syrup:
For grilled fennel:
Peanut butter, banana and marshmallow:
Dulce de leche:
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
Malted milk ball:
Espresso chocolate chunk:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 3 tbsps. fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, the garlic, the oil, the gingerroot, the sugar, the vinegar, the sesame seeds, and the pepper.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Thread the steak cubes loosely onto 4 of the skewers and thread the remaining skewer crosswise through the middle of each scallion so that the scallions stand parallel to one another.
- Step 3 Put the beef and scallion kebabs in a shallow dish just large enough to hold them, pour the marinade over them, coating them well, and let the kebabs marinate, chilled, turning them frequently, for 25 minutes.
- Step 4 Grill the kebabs on an oiled rack set about 6 inches over glowing coals, turning them, for 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Alternatively the kebabs may be broiled under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat in the same manner.) Divide the beef and the scallions, both removed from the skewer, between 2 plates.
|Calories 554||Carbohydrates 19 g (6%)|
|Fat 36 g (55%)||Protein 39 g (78%)|
|Saturated Fat 12 g (61%)||Sodium 1,895 mg (79%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 5 g||Fiber 3 g (10%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15 g||Cholesterol 139 mg (46%)|