- Ingredients: 23
- Serves: 24
Spicy chicken phyllo rolls with accompaniment: tomato salsa if desired.
- Accompaniment: tomato salsa if desired
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 5 tbsps. sugar
- 5 tbsps. golden brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pcs.
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
Dulce de leche:
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
Malted milk ball:
Espresso chocolate chunk:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 3 tbsps. fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Step 1 In a deep 12-inch skillet bring broth or water to a boil and add chicken breasts in one layer. Reduce heat and poach chicken at a bare simmer, turning once, 7 minutes.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Remove skillet from heat and cool chicken in poaching liquid 20 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Step 3 In a large bowl stir together chicken, sour cram, scallion, lime juice, jalapeño, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 4 On a work surface arrange 1 phyllo rectangle with a short side facing you and lightly brush with egg wash.
- Step 5 Put 1 heaping tablespoon filling in center of lower third of rectangle and fold long sides of phyllo over filling to cover.
- Step 6 Lightly brush folded phyllo with egg wash and roll up jelly-roll fashion. Make more rolls with remaining phyllo and filling, brushing with egg wash in same manner.
- Step 7 Arrange rolls, seam side down, on baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden.