- Ingredients: 13
- Serves: 2
Steamed broccoli with hummus with *available at specialty foods shops and most supermarkets.
- *available at specialty foods shops and most supermarkets
- 5 tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tbsps. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tbsps. minced, seeded jalepeño chili
- 1 tablspoon ground cumin
- 24 large tortilla chips
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
For the wilted spinach
- 1/4 head of Napa cabbage
- 4 cups peeled jicama, cut into matchstick-size pcs.
- 3 cups pea sprouts
- Step 1 In a food processor purée chick-peas, tahini, lemon juice, oil, and garlic paste and, if a smoother texture is desired, force through a fine sieve into a bowl.
For this step you will need
- Step 2 Whisk in enough water to reach a pourable but still thick consistency and stir in parsley and salt to taste.
- Step 3 Cut broccoli stems into spears about 5 inches long with flowerets 1 1/2 inches wide. On a steamer rack set over boiling water steam broccoli, covered, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Step 4 Serve broccoli topped with hummus.