- Ingredients: 20
- Prep: 25 min
- Bake: 1 1/2 hr
Sweet tomatillo sauce with 1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, small fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped, piloncillo* , coarsely chopped, water, sugar, cinnamon stick. To make this sweet tomatillo sauce you will need 25 min for preaparation and 1 1/2 hr for baking.
- 1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 lb. small fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 lb. piloncillo* , coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 1 pc. cinnamon stick
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 3/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps. drained capers
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh Italian parsley
Spicy Sabayon Sauce
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Six mint sprigs
- Step 1 Makes about 1 cup. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a 1 1/2- to 2-quart heavy saucepan with tip of a paring knife, then add pod and remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tomatillos are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Discard cinnamon stick and vanilla pod, then purée tomatillo mixture in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids).
For this step you will need