- Ingredients: 20
- Serves: 8
Turkey soup with orzo and white beans with 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, carrots, peeled, chopped, chopped celery, orzo, 15-ounce cans cannellini , drained, rinsed, thinly sliced fresh basil.
- 1 tomatoes juice
- 3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini , drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Accompaniment: pumpkin seed pesto
- 5 tbsps. butter, melted
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 12 fresh oysters in the shell
- 4 tbsps. Matsuhisa Salsa
- 4 tbsps. Maui Onion Salsa
- 4 tbsps. Jalapeño Salsa
- finely chopped chives for garnish
- Special equipment: cheesecloth; a deep-fat thermometer
- Step 1 Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté until translucent. Add turkey wings, chicken broth and oregano.
- Step 2 Using tongs, transfer wings to work surface; cool. Remove meat from bones; discard skin and bones. Mix meat into soup.
- Step 3 Bring to simmer. Add tomatoes with juices, carrots and celery. Cover; simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
For this step you will need
- Step 4 (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool soup slightly. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover. Keep chilled.
- Step 5 Bring to simmer before continuing.) Add orzo; simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
|Calories 590||Carbohydrates 39 g (13%)|
|Fat 27 g (42%)||Protein 49 g (97%)|
|Saturated Fat 7 g (33%)||Sodium 529 mg (22%)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 6 g||Fiber 9 g (35%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12 g||Cholesterol 119 mg (40%)|